NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2005-12 > 1135277250

From: "Larry Schaan" <>
Subject: Re: Christian Larsen in Norman County
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:47:30 -0600

Helén Cathrine

I think I have struck gold about this family. I was going through my
Larson/Monson files because I was searching for more records. I have
deleted the message about Christian Larson and who he married but I think it
Kari Eriksdatter. This is what I have about the family and it appears we
are related.
Christian Larsen Koldseie b 1810 Aalsetele, Vardal. Married Nov 8 1829 to
Kari Eriksdatter Ambjørseie born 1809 and they had six children.
Berte Marie Christiansdatter 8 Feb 1830
Eline Christiansdatter 14 Jan 1831 married Ole Monson who was mentioned on
a previous email. They are my 3g grandparents.
Lars Christiansen 11May 1834
Ole Christiansen 29 May 1837
Peder Christiansen 3 Feb 1840
Even Christiansen 26 Mar 1843
Karen Christiansdatter 10 Sep 1846
Martinus Christiansen 8 Dec 1851

Kari's father is Erick Gundersen.
I hope this helps, I think this is the family you are looking you.
Susan Schaan

I think I may have found your Even Christiansen, son of Christian
>> Larsen.
>> They used the surname Lundin (sometimes spelled Lunden) in the USA.
>>
>> In the 1900 Census for South Dakota - Deuel county - Hidewood township -
>>
>> Lundin, Even C. - head - m born Mar 1843 - Norway Nor Nor - immigration
>> 1894 farmer
>> Randine - wife - f born June 1836 - Norway Nor Nor -
>> immigration 1894 - 9 children born, 8 living
>> (in later census records it shows immigration as 1893)
>> Edward - son - m born Feb 1882 - Norway Nor Nor -
>> immigration 1894
>> Even - son - m born Mar 1885 - Norway Nor Nor - immigration
>> 1894
>> Lundin, Gunda - granddaughter - f born May 1896 - Norway Nor Nor -
>> immigration 1899
>> 1910 Census - same location -
>> Edward E Lunden - head - age 28 - - Norway Nor Nor - immigration 1893
>> Randine - mother - age 73 - widow - Norway Nor Nor - immigration 189
>> I couldn't find Even in this census.
>> 1920 Census - South Dakota - Deuel county - Norden Township -
>> Edward and Randine are listed. He is now a real estate agent, she is 88
>> years old.
>>
>> 1920 Census - South Dakota - Perkins county - White Butte Township -
>> Even E Lunden - head - age 33 - Norway Nor Nor - immigration 1895 -
>> farmer
>> Annie E. - wife - age 34 - New York ? Scotland

>> 1930 Census - South Dakota - Deuel county - Brandt town -
>> Edward E Lunden - head - age 47 - Norway Nor Nor - immigration 1893 -
>> real estate and insurance
>> Lila E - wife - age 29 - South Dak. Norway Iowa
>> Frieda - daug - age 12 - South Dak. Norway South Dak.
>> Nathalia - daug - age 5(??) - South Dak. Norway South Dak.
>> Roy - son - age 4 11/12 - South Dak. Norway South Dak.
>> Rosella - daug - age 3/12 - Minnesota - Norway South Dak.

This thread: