NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2011-08 > 1314685374

From: Linda Davis <>
Subject: Re: [NOR] Lars Anderson (Civil War vet) (1834) and wifeGertrude(1821) - WI/IA/MN - what happened to them?
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:22:54 -0700 (PDT)

I'm sorry this is a little delayed, but have you written to Washington to obtain his civil war records?  Pension records were kept for Civil War vets.  I was very successful in obtaining a family history this way.  I also sent an email to the historical group in the Wisconsin city my ancestor was from and was able to obtain probate records.  I never did find census or marriage records, but the documents I found filed in the city archives gave me all the information I needed.