NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2012-02 > 1330011444

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [NOR] Ancestry complaint
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:37:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi Listers:
My complaint differs. As a newbie to Ancestry ( I was given a gift subscription for Christmas from the family) my complaint is that by Jan. 11, 2012, I had posted four trees. They have yet to appear. I will "invite" by E-mail invitation fellow research people I know to look at my trees. Thus my trees are not available to anyone I do not know. I called Ancestry and after a lengthy time, I reached a supervisor who informed me they had to index my trees, but first they have to fix their indexing software. They have not, according to him, had any indexing done since late November and it wouldn't be fixed until March. I find this had to believe. If true, what a tremendous back log they have, and I have no hope of seeing my trees or any new communication from researchers in the foreseeable future. I'm told this is the problem when posting first time trees. I plan to call again in the future and see if I get the same story. It is hard to believe for an outfit as big as Ancestry that they haven't fixed their software before now. Has anyone else had this problem?
Phyllis in Maryland

This thread: