NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2013-08 > 1377739833

From: "Lars E. Oyane" <>
Subject: Re: [NOR] Sogn og Fjordane county, Hafslo birth record
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:37:36 -0500

Dear Joy,

It gives in this record Ole's baptismal date as Jan. 4, 1815, and after the parents' names follow the witnesses who are: Jens Hilleren, Jens Olsen, Lasse Andersen Waarstolen and his wife, Martha Olsdatter.

Ole Lasseson, later known as Ole L. Quam, married Anna Christiansdotter from Sogndal and emigrated in 1870 settling in Strongs Prairie township, Adams Co., WI where Ole died Sep. 15, 1887. They had nine children.

Which one of the children do you descend from, Joy? I never could figure out what became of the oldest son Christian Olson Quam, born in Sogndal Co., Norway Jan. 20, 1838. He married Martha Larsdotter Aaberge, born in Sogndal Co., Norway Oct. 18, 1836, and they emigrated with one daughter in 1866. Christian was apparently still alive when his father died in 1887, but no trace has so far been found of Christian in America! I would be delighted if you, Joy, or anyone else could tell me...

Thanks a million!

Very sincerely yours,

Lars E. Oyane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Aug 28, 2013, at 7:18 PM, Joy Gulden wrote:

> *I have found what I think is the birth record for my second
> great-grandfather. If someone could please read it I would appreciate
> it. The person I am interested in is Ole on the right hand page, second
> entry down from the top. I read the father as Lasse Anderson Waarstølen
> and mother as Anna Olsdatter. What I cannot read is the date and any
> other info for this record, although it does not look as if there is
> much more there.
>
> Source information:* Sogn og Fjordane county, Hafslo, Parish register
> (official) nr. A 3 (1807-1821), Chronological list 1815, page 23.
> *Permanent pagelink:*
> http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1993&idx_id=1993&uid=ny&idx_side=-24
> *Permanent imagelink:*
> http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20050818010675.jpg