NOVA-SCOTIA-L Archives

Archiver > NOVA-SCOTIA > 2010-04 > 1271893020

From: Wilma Hunt <>
Subject: Re: [NS-L] LEMON HILL Clarified
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:58:44 -0700

Hello Gordon, John and all,

Here I am. Always willing to learn.

I have Janet Lemon/Lemmon the second daughter of William Lemmon and
Elizabeth Farnell. She was born in 1832 (nicely fits) in Upper
Musquodoboit, NS. She married my Great Grandfather, Miles Grant, s/o
Alexander Grant and Agnes (Nancy) Farnell. She died 23 Sep 1868 in Dean
Settlement at age 36. Buried in Meaghers Grant Cemetery, NS. Miles Grant
married the second time to Elizabeth Ann Champley Henley d/o Thomas Henley
and Nancy (Unknown). They are both buried in Meaghers Grant Cemetery also.

I shall not debate the Lemon/Lemmon name. Although my father said it was
Lemon I tend to agree that it is Lemmon if the Hill was named after William
and it was Lemmon Hill.. My dad always joked that we had a "Lemon" in our
family.

I have Elizabeth Farnell b. Oct 1808 in Upper Musquodoboit, NS d. 10 Oct
1868 (the same year as daughter Janet Lemmon). D/O George Farnell and
Margaret Fisher (not Mary). Margaret Fisher was the daughter of John Fisher
and Elizabeth Crowley.
I will send you the information I have on Janet Lemmon and Miles Grant's
children and/or the 10 children I have of William Lemmon and Elizabeth
Farnell. Or any other information I have.

Wilma

This thread: