NOVAK-L Archives

Archiver > NOVAK > 2001-02 > 0981123535

From: "Lori L. Frey" <>
Subject: William NOVAK NY ---> Franklin Co., OH 1900's.
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:18:55 -0500

Looking for information on NOVAK in Franklin Co., OH 1900's. Most like this
family and its descendants found in the 1910 Census Franklin Co, OH

NOVAK
William, 38, b. AUST
Rosa, 31, Wife b. AUST
Son William, 11, b. New York
Son Emil, 9, b. Ohio
Son Joseph, 6, b. Ohio
Son Harry, b Ohio

My ancestor, Rosemary NOVAK, was born circa 1920 to William and Ruth NOVAK.
William is the son listed above in the census info. Ruth NOVAK, his wife,
dies before Nov. 1939. Rosemary's brothers are Billy & Eddie NOVAK who
served in WWII (late, poss Italy).
There is mention of a "GRANDMA" NOVAK still living in 1939. Maybe this was
Rosa NOVAK.
Also I know that Emil NOVAK married Florence. Emil was a butcher(?). Harry
NOVAK married Mary. All of these folks lived in or around Columbus area
during the 30's & 40's.

99% of this info is from letters written & other keepsakes from a brief
period in early 1940's so much of it is conjecture. William b. 1872 and Rosa
NOVAK b. 1879 of Austria may have immigrated to New York since there was a
son born there.

...does any of this sound familiar?? I know there a lots of Novaks out there
so I hope to hear soon!
Lori

This thread: