NS-CAPE-BRETON-L Archives

Archiver > NS-CAPE-BRETON > 2000-11 > 0974487938

From: "Marci & Jerry" <>
Subject: [NS-CB-L] M(a)cLeans from Ottawa Brook
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:05:38 -0500

I'm researching the family of NEIL MACLEAN & KATIE MACNEIL, my
gg-grandparents. Neil MacLean came from Scotland - I don't have a date or
place. His father's name was EACHAIN.

Their children were: Hector, Donald, Eoin, Christy and my g-grandfather,
ANGUS (born about 1838). They lived in Ottawa Brook, Cape Breton.

ANGUS MACLEAN married MARY MACNEIL. Mary MacNeil was the daughter of John
MacNeil and Sarah MacNeil and lived in Iona, Cape Breton. Mary's siblings
were: Rory, John, Malcolm, Francis, Mary, Margaret, and Peggy Ann.

Angus & Mary raised their family in Washabuckt, Cape Breton:
Alex Hector, Rory Hector, John, Neil (my grandfather), Pat, Florence, Mary
Josephine, Katie Ann, Sarah, and Mary Jane.

Angus MacLean & Mary MacNeil were buried in Iona, Cape Breton.
This family was Catholic.

I would love to hear from anyone who is researching this family line.

Thank you,
Marcia MacLean

This thread: