NY-IRISH-L Archives

Archiver > NY-IRISH > 2005-10 > 1128862842

From: "Theresa Bora" <>
Subject: Re: [NY IRISH] Moulton's Gang?
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 09:00:42 -0400

Hi Ed. I'm not exactly sure in what context you're using the word 'gang'.
Did you mean a criminal gang? My dad was from Troy, and he and his sibs
referred to the family as the 'gang'...just a slangy term for the whole
bunch of them! There are Moultons listed in the various censuses in Troy.
I also saw a few mentions of Moultons from Troy in the old NYTimes, but you
may already have that information. One was an obit (1915) for a Mary E.,
widow of civil war vet, Henry S. Moulton. Another was a brief story on the
murder of a Patrick Moulton in 1883, and two stories re: Moultons in 1853. I
don't know if any of this is helpful to you. Terry in Michigan