NY-LONGISLAND-L Archives

Archiver > NY-LONGISLAND > 2009-06 > 1243940499

From: "David Roberts" <>
Subject: Re: [Long Island, NY] Lutheran Cemetery
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 07:02:02 -0400

Marlene

YES ....
It is located in Middle Village, Queens County, L. I.
It changed its name - 25/30 years ago to
Lutheran-All Faiths Cemetery
it is listed on www.findagrave.com and has quite a number of burials posted

Years back - early 1970s - I wrote to them about burials of my grandmother's
German relatives. They were very co-operative & sent me info on the family
plot of my grandmother's paternal grandparents.

This cemetery was heavily used by the Protestant German community of
Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens & western Long Island from the mid-19th into the
mid-20th centuries.

The most famous group buried here are the victims of the "General Slocum"
steamboat fire - ca. 1904 in the East River.

Check www.findagrave.com I believe they list contacts for this cemetery.

David