NY-SCOTS-L Archives

Archiver > NY-SCOTS > 2003-02 > 1044994865

From: "Darline Smith" <>
Subject: [NY-SCOTS] GGGrandmother "born on ship from Scotland to America"
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:27:44 -0600

My Great Grandfather Ezra L. Fowler, bn 1842, Ohio, stated on census records that his father was born in New York and his mother was "born at sea" coming from Scotland.
Using logic, it would seem that she may have been born on that ship between 1818 and 1825 in order to have married and had a child in 1842, but Ezra may not have been her first child, hence the time span.

I do not know if the ship came to Canada, America, or ?

Does anyone on this list have a story similar to this in their history? If so, I would appreciate you getting in touch with me.

I know she married a Mr. Fowler at least by 1841. I have no way of knowing his birthdate or given name.

Thanks, Darline Fowler Smith

This thread: