From: Lee Connolly <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Cooperative Stove Foundry
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 05:16:52 -0800 (PST)

Julie: My great grandfather Thomas Connolly worked at the Troy Cooperative Stove Factory---which was in his 1899 obituaty notice also. I wish I had made a note of the newspaper article that talked about the Troy Cooperative Stove Factory, but I believe it was an archived NY Times article and I may have Googled it under "Cooperative Iron Founder's Association" or something very similar.  It was created in 1866 and was located at 867-869 River Street, as I recall, and for a while maintained a worker reading room and a store. I think it closed before my g grandfather died. For background among several resources, I read J Corsaro and K Roe on Labor and Industry in Troy and Cohoes...and David Montgomer's article :The Irish and the American Labor Movement." Hope this helps.