NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC-L Archives

From: "Rich Nichols" <>
Subject: Re: [NY-TROY-IRISH-GENSOC] Ancestry's Irish civil records
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 08:10:17 -0500

Jim,

I am aware of both websites as well as the CT State Archives. I try to do
as much online as possible as I live in SC. I was very saddened when the
RAOGK website went down as there are so many wonderful volunteers who are
willing to do lookups as I am here in SC (not too many requests though).

My Nichols line going back to Stratford, CT, ca 1640 is well documented and
we even go back to ca 1510 in Sedgeberrow, Worcestershire, England via
church records. I am more concerned as to where my great grandfather went
after he left CT. We have documents showing him on 1 April 1873 in
Greenwood, LeFlore, MS, then by 1874 in Algiers, Orleans Parish, LA, then to
1879 in Dallas, TX and by 1880 back in Algiers. In 1881 my greatgrandmother
died and Joseph H Nichols left Algiers for Birmingham. However, he left his
son, my grandfather, to be raised by his maternal grandmother. They
eventually moved to NYC. I just don't know where he went or what he did
between 1852 and 1872.

Thanks for your input.

Rich