NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2000-10 > 0972683266

From: "Barbara Volkomer" <>
Subject: [Bklyn] Deaths
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:47:46 -0400

The Mormon Church (LDS) has microfiled the index cards starting at 1866 and they have the births certificates. I have seen the index cards and there is not much on them just the name, mother's first name, date and certif. no. Usually if there is more than one person with the last name that person will be on the card. I was able to get a certificate for someone born 1864. I was able to copy a 1876 birth certif. off a roll of film. No need to go to NYState...just order the films. Barbara

This thread: