NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2005-01 > 1105888366

Subject: Re: NYBROOKLYN-D Digest V05 #21
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:12:58 EST

Thanks so very much to everyone who offered me help regarding this issue. I
decided to request the birth certificate from the FHC after I found the
certificate number in their index. I'll find out if FHC has any restrictions in
giving these newer certificates to others. I just had a problem getting a
1970 death certificate from NYC because I only had the person's name, date and
place of death, cemetery and wife's name. They said I didn't have enough
information. I resent it with a cover letter stating that the information I
provided should be enough identifying information. I'll see what happens with
that. Thanks again for being so responsive.

Marcia in Baltimore

In a message dated 1/15/2005 5:01:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,