NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2005-01 > 1105938157

From: "kathleen anderson" <>
Subject: Re: [Bklyn] Re: NYBROOKLYN-D Digest V05 #21
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:02:43 -0500

Marcia,
Why are you not able to communicate with this living person? Is she unable to speak? Is she mentally incompetent? Does she not want to share the info?
I would be very interested in learning if FHC is willing to send you a copy of a birth cert. of a living person without their consent and without proof of any relation.
What if you do get the cert. and she is not related to you?
What if someone thinks they're related to me and just buys my birth cert. merely by stating they want to know if we're related?
Who is protecting my privacy?
- Kathy Tate Anderson