NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2005-01 > 1107045115

Subject: Re: NYBROOKLYN-D Digest V05 #43
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:33:34 EST

Years ago, in the Long Island Room of the Queensborough P.L. on Merrick
Boulevard, Jamaica, NY, I remember seeing a hard-covered blue book, entitled
"Priests of the Brooklyn Diocese". Surely, this would include all priests with the
surname Metzger. Perhaps if you contact them, someone would be good enough to
look it up for you and email the response. Good luck. Madeline

In a message dated 1/29/2005 6:38:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> ______________________________

> Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 03:14:35 -0800 (PST)
> From: rich bukowski <>
> Subject: Catherine Metzger, d sept 30, 1913
>
> In the Brooklyn Daily Eagle on sept 30, 1913 Catherine
> METZGER, Mother of Rev. GEORGE A. METZGER of Holy
> Trinity, Montrose Ave.Brooklyn is listed as died. I
> believe but can not proved that a Rev. Metzger was
> born in germany and came to the US and was a reverand
> at the same church. My Rev. Metzger had a brother who
> also came from Germany, first name unknown.
> My question is how can I find a fuller obit or death
> cert for CATHERINE METZGER and her known son GEORGE
> A.METZGER inorder to find out if this family did have
> another Metzger child who might be my gg grandfather .
> also reearching Proschell(Prochell).
> TIA
> valerie in south

This thread: