NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2005-08 > 1123262425

Subject: Re: [Bklyn] Calvary Cemetery fees solutions
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:20:25 EDT

FACT: I was told, about one year ago, by the gentleman in charge of Calvary
[name escapes me] that they were beginning to computerize then. It was
confirmed when I phoned there and spoke to Donna this past spring.

FACT: Headstones that were once placed at Calvary, and other NYC cemteries,
are no longer there. Calvary cannot always confirm IF a headstone was ever
purchased, OR is still there w/o sending someone out to look. We all understand
tha Calvary Cemtery is a huge place.

FACT: If your family does not have a headstone, a lawn mover can be run right
over the grass, not around it, not requiring a weed wacker. What are we
talking about for maintenance.

Does anyone know of any NYC cemetery, that actually physically cleans down
headstones annually, as part of perpetual care?

Let's get real here.

BTW...I am not venting. I purchased every possible interment list from
Calvary long ago.

Still skinnin' cats in September,
Barb