NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2008-04 > 1208108524

Subject: [BKLYN] JamesEdwinProvoost (Provost) died Feb.24,1909 @ 747 Halsey Ave. Brooklyn
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:42:04 -0700

Can anyone help me? I have tried to find a funeral review for this man
but all I can find is a short obit. He was an officer in the
Masonic-Scottish Rite organization and it seems impossible that a person
like that would not have a funeral notice, as well as a description of
the whole Masonic event. I went to the Brooklyn Eagle site and got
nothing. In fact none of their references were for dates as late as 1909.
What do I have to do to get a complete review of his funeral,when I know
there was a masonic funeral in his honor at his death??I have a death
certificate,I have a short death notice,I know where and when death
occurred,I know where he was buried,all the family kin, but I am
frustrated by the fact I cannot seem to find his funeral review in the
newspaper, any newspaper. How can I find this item? It is really
frustrating m, and I need help.What would you advise?Thanks, Julie

This thread: