NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2009-07 > 1248652535

From: Cathy Champion <>
Subject: Re: [BKLYN] Crazy Death Date Puzzle
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:55:35 -0700 (PDT)

I'd be inclined to believe the cemetery office data, just because they would have been closer to the original burial forms/papers at that time.

Of course, all of the reasons for the error are possible; if you are able to obtain the death certificate that would eliminate the problem.  Have you checked to see if there is a city or hospital log book of deaths for that time period if you can't get the death certificate?

I have a family I'm researching that has a large plat of burial ground in a large cemetery where four of the fifteen graves just have names and burial dates and I can't find a connection to the family for these graves at all.  No obits nor death certificates have been found so far either, but the people may have died at home with no attending physician.  So in my case I have to assume that the cemetery records are correct.

Cathy Champion in Fenton, MO (St. Louis) http://spittingnickels.blogspot.com/
“She looks for wool and flax, and works with her hands in delight.”