Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2009-07 > 1248702968

Subject: Re: [BKLYN] Crazy Death Date Puzzle
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:56:08 EDT

Thanks everybody for the answers. I just got off the phone with the
cemetery and they confirm that the year of death was 1873. I imagine that when
his wife died in 1908, they finally got the stone and remembered the year
incorrectly BUT.......somebody from the list e-mailed me before and picked
up something I had missed and that is that the obit refers to the funeral
being on Thursday, March 18, 1873 except that in 1873, March 18th was a
Tuesday!! and in 1870 it was a Friday!

Is that not maddening?? It's a wonder we find any ancestors at all!