NYBROOKLYN-L Archives

Archiver > NYBROOKLYN > 2010-08 > 1283093843

Subject: [BKLYN] don't be fooled BEWARE friends
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:57:23 EDT

I received the following email. Can you believe this. Some one has a
site called BrooklynGenealogy.com
and they sell services. This guy actually has the nerve to solicit me!
Like it's a threat if I don't let him link me.

THIS SITE IS NOT RELATED TO ME OR THE BROOKLYN INFO SITE.

We are always free and when people ask for a reference I give it privately.

Feel free to give him a piece of your mnd, I certainly am.

Nancy

____________________________________
Sent: 8/28/2010 2:07:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Hi

I'm James, Owner and genealogist on my new BrooklynGenealogy.com
site.
I was just thinking that I need to have at least 3 links on the bottom of
my site. If you look you will see the Ad for 66WFan.net and then 2 others
that do not lead to anything and need to be filled with good material.
Youre site is a perfect fit right now. For the Time being I would like to
carry your site down there...free of course.

I appreciate your site and do not mind people finding it through me, even
if it means some people may do research on their own instead of hiring me.
I love genealogy and for now the site is more about making contacts and
building a client list more then it is about making profit.

I would immagine you are very up to speed on your own genealogy, but If
you are stuck on something maybe I can use a source to help you out.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

James

This thread: