NYC-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > NYC-ROOTS > 2012-11 > 1352054476

From: "Theodore R VonBartheld" <>
Subject: Re: [NYC-ROOTS] [NYC] MARRIAGE Look-up Please = Elizabeth AnnaRIDGEWAY & Theodore R. Bartheld or vonBARTHELD, Year = 1945
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 12:41:16 -0600

To: The COHENS

Thank you, Yes some people have responded privately to my post, I have
posted in NJ and as of yet I have nothing concrete on the subject. They
Could have been married anywhere, maybe up at Niagara Falls I am not sure We
had a lot of family living in NYC also in New York State. My Great
Grandfather lived in the Bronx on Park Ave. Since my Father and Mother were
both in Show Business, they could have anywhere, I know my Father's last
marriage was in Europe.

I know at one time my father was a cook on a train, so where did they go for
their marriage, ( NOT SURE? ) so I am spreading out with the search plus I
think that I will have a better chance with more people looking. Since I can
no longer afford to have Paid Membership's to sites, it makes a lot of
difference when you have money and when you do not. I became disabled and
now I am unable to work and I am housebound now, if I can find out for sure
the When, Where and the Certificate Number, I can send for a copy of the
Marriage Record.

I am trying to find a copy of that book online but as of yet, no luck, and
yes I am going to try and see if I can get it on a through the Public
Library.
I am trying to fill in all the holes with Documentation, I can prove the
line but now I am trying to fill all the links with all the documentation I
can find.
I have all the census that apply, Military Records, Birth, SSN, Death
Records, Etc. on them, Now looking for more.

Thank you until we talk again, peace be with you and yours.
Theodore Roosevelt VonBARTHELD Jr. - in Alabama

=
Answering since nobody else has yet, at least publicly. If there is a
published book, and you have the publication information, your local public
library should be able to borrow a copy of it for you through interlibrary
loan. Ask a reference librarian for assistance.

Also, since you are asking about a New Jersey marriage and this is New York
City List, you may have better luck getting assistance by posting in a New
Jersey list, probably the one for Salem County would be the best, if there
is one.

http://lists.rootsweb.com