NYCOLUMB-L Archives

Archiver > NYCOLUMB > 2000-03 > 0951912882

From: Michael Courtney <>
Subject: [NYCOLUMB] re: Christian Science Church records
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 05:14:42 -0700

Hello,
It was suggested that I make a request to this list about church records.

I am working on my family history and trying to find church records of my
great grandparents: Charles CABANA born in Island Pond, Essex Co., VT,
October 25, 1870; and his wife Ada Mae Saddlesom CABANA born September 7,
1881 in Pekin, Niagara Co., NY. They were active members of the Christian
Science Church in their day. They lived for some time at 75 Hampshire in
Buffalo, Erie Co. Their children included: Lucille Margaret Cabana, my
grandmother, born June 10, 1903; Charlotte A. born September 1, 1906;
Charles Jr. born July 22, 1910; Marjorie Edmere March 24, 1912; Russell L
born October 1, 1916.

Charles CABANA and Ada Mae Saddlesom CABANA were married October 16, 1901.
I have written to the town of Cambria where Ada Mae SADDLESOM was born and
they have no birth or marriage records there. I believe that her parents
were also members of the church, but have not confirmed that yet. Their
names were: Lorenzo SADDLESOM and Charlotte L. Townsend SADDLESOM, they
were married Nov. 29, about 1873- I believe in Cambria or Pekin NY, but
there is no record there of their marriage either. So, I was wondering if
there was someone that could help me with obtaining church records of these
ancestors of mine or if at least someone could help me with locating their
name on a rooster or church membership of a local Christian Science church.
Anything to give me some confirmation that my information is right as far
as their affiliation with Christian Science faith.
Thank you for your help and I look forward to hearing from you about
suggestions on how to go about finding some more info about this family.

Sincerely,
Shannon Courtney

This thread: