NYCOLUMB-L Archives

Archiver > NYCOLUMB > 2008-09 > 1220933525

From: ,
Subject: Re: [NYCOLUMB] Landt's in New York in 1790
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 04:12:05 -0000

Author: Apingos1
Surnames: landt/lant/launt
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.newyork.counties.columbia/4817.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

This is a very good question. On all the records (or copies) that I have seen of this Family when they were living along the Hudson was spelled LANT OR LANDT. The landt is a very common sufix in German,it means simply, land. I even think some of with name changed to land. Some still use the LANT spelling. I think the Launt spelling might be unique to Jeremiah and Peter families.

Important Note: