NYCOLUMB-L Archives

Archiver > NYCOLUMB > 2008-09 > 1221000492

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [NYCOLUMB] Landt's in New York in 1790
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 22:48:12 -0000

Author: Gidget398
Surnames: Landt Maul Hamm
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.newyork.counties.columbia/4817.1.1.2.2.1.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Up until now, I believed that the Jeremias who married Catherine Maul was actually an uncle to the Jeremiah who married Maria Hamm. Perhaps I am wrong.

In Henry Z. Jones "The Palatine Families of New York 1710" Vol. 1, he lists Jeremias, son of Johann Valentin, married to Catherine Maul (also says "being in the Jerseys in 1762, lived in Claverack").

>From the "New York Births & Baptisms, Eastern Region, 1660-1916" this Jeremias & Catherine Maul had two children, Lisabeth b.1770 and Jeremiah b.1778.

Now, Johann Valentin's (possibly oldest) son Frederick b.1724, also had a son Jeremias b.1758 in Claverack (Claverack Church records, in "New York Births & Baptisms, Eastern Region, 1660-1916" - which used to be on Ancestry but is no longer carried there.) I show this Jeremiah as being married to Maritje Hamm with sons Peter b.1786 and Jacob b.1791 (NY Births & Baptisms). But I also have a note that this Jeremiah's wife *could have been* Elizabeth Diedrick.

So, which Jeremiah was Maritje Hamm actually married to? Obviously from the children's birth dates, she could have been the 2nd wife of the first Jeremiah, as you said. And also, likely a number of children have been left out.

Any definitive proof? Wills, marriage records?
Thanks...

Important Note: