NYCOLUMB-L Archives

Archiver > NYCOLUMB > 2008-09 > 1221027316

From: ,
Subject: Re: [NYCOLUMB] Landt's in New York in 1790
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:15:16 -0000

Author: Apingos1
Surnames: landt
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.newyork.counties.columbia/4817.1.1.2.2.1.1.2.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

The record that I have was mailed to me by a lady names Barbara Jeffries. Frederick's son Jeremiah F. Landt (the same one that is said to be born in Holland in a history of Herkemer co) married Elizabeth Diedrich on Jan.21,1784 Kinderhook RC.

Now the last child(?) Jeremiah Landt was born "in the Jerseys" My cousin and haven't figured that one out yet, maybe the family moved south for a while, I don't know. I do know from census records that he was born before 1765. He married 1st Catharine Maul and 2nd a Maria Ham. Maria and Jeremiah show up as sponsors to the bpt of his cousin Jeremiah F. and Elizabeth's child Jeremiah (what else lol)on june 3, 1792 per. Hillsdale Reformed Dutch church (Krum church) Claverack.
Jeremiah and Maria Ham are also sponsors to the btp of Hendrik Ecker(Eckert) and Margaret Landt's dau Catherine bpt on april 4, 1802.

This Jeremiah and Maria Ham move to Delaware Co with the 1/2 brothers Jeremiah (jr) Peter and my GGG grandfater, Frederick (b 1796) and 2 dau sometime after 1802.

Important Note: