NYCOLUMB-L Archives

Archiver > NYCOLUMB > 2008-09 > 1221902859

From: ,
Subject: Re: [NYCOLUMB] Landt's in New York in 1790
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 09:27:39 -0000

Author: jonlaunt
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.newyork.counties.columbia/4817.1.1.2.2.1.1.2.1.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Gidget,

Apingos and I are fairly certain that Jeremiah Sr. was married to 1. Catherine Maul and 2. Maria Ham or Hamm. And, Jeremiah moved to Delaware Co. sometime after 1801 after sponsoring a baptism in Clavarak, NY. In Munsel's history of Delaware Co. Peter (Petrus) joined Jeremiah and these two brothers (who were likely half-brothers) settled on the Yendel property and became the heads of all the Launt families in Hamden, NY. Also, in a cemetary in Hamden ( I have pictures) is a stone marked Margaret, wife of Jeremiah. Unless Jeremiah had a third wife, this is the wife of Jeremiah Jr., Margaret Michel. One of her children, Phillip, is my GGG grandfather. Jeremiah Jr. would then be my GGGG grandfather.

Important Note: