NYCOLUMB-L Archives

Archiver > NYCOLUMB > 2011-09 > 1315525362

From: "" <>
Subject: [NYCOLUMB] How to order death certificates from Chatham Township
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 23:42:42 -0000

Author: johnloughney1
Surnames: Baldwin
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.newyork.counties.columbia/5014/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi,

My great great grandfather, William C Baldwin lived on Spring Street in Chatham, listed on the 1900 census. His wife, Anna (Quinn) Baldwin was listed as a widow on the 1905 NY State census, in Brooklyn, where her children were living. That makes me believe that he died between 1900 and 1905. I requested a death certificate from Kings County, NY (Brooklyn) but nothing was found, so I believe he died in Columbia NY. Is there any way to search / order a death certificate from Chatham or Columbia County.

thanks for your help,
John

Important Note: