NYDELAWA-L Archives

Archiver > NYDELAWA > 1997-11 > 0879671374

From: <>
Subject: Re: NYDELAWA-D Digest V97 #107
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 04:09:34 -0500 (EST)

I am all roo familiar with 'the Dutchman', having spent much time slogging
around CT in pursuit of him twenty years ago. His descendant, Capt Peter
Mills of Kent is, and has been, easily confused with Capt Peter Mills of
Waywayanda (Minisink), Orange Co, NY. Information on the descendants of the
CT Peter would be helpful. I have some, but have not yet been successful in
retrieving all my notes from twenty years.
For example, I recall one, Peter, who was a sheriff of Chemung Co. in the
late 1800s, but the little detail is buried somewhere. (As is he.)

I'm conversant with Helen Uhlmann, who lives only a few miles from me.

The Capt Peter on my side, by the way, lived in (now) South Butler, Wayne Co.
for a few years, from about 1805 to 1810, but he left nothing there except
the grave of his wife, Sally Foster.

Any specifics you might supply on names, dates, locations of your Mills
antecedents would be appreciated. I can't, obviously, promise that I have
anything with which to reciprocate at this time, but who knows. There're
many from the Orange and Sullivan Co families that I haven't traced yet.

David L. Mills
Marlborough, MA

(By the way, I'm originally from Endicott.)