NYDELAWA-L Archives

Archiver > NYDELAWA > 1999-04 > 0923514417

From: "Les & Dorothy Howland" <>
Subject: Re: [NYDELAWA-L] LOOKUPS
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:46:57 -0700

Kim,
Holding up fine!!!
>From the Delaware County History Chapter on Stage Coaches and Drivers, page
109, under Post Riders, there is "James Russell, Jr.". He is mentioned in a
list of 4.
I am not sure how or what the duties of a post rider were at that time, but
I have a feeling they were allied in some way with/to the stage drivers
since they were listed in the same context.
Sorry, I don't have more for you, but maybe the Jr.. gives an indication
that your James may have been the SR.
Les------California