NYDELAWA-L Archives

Archiver > NYDELAWA > 2006-10 > 1160850516

From: Teresa T <>
Subject: [NYDELAWA] Davis
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:28:36 -0400

Hello,

My name is Teresa Tierney and my Mom, Betty Tierney and I are trying to
find out information on the Davis Family. My Grandpa was James William
Davis, he was born on May 5, 1905. His first wife was Margaret
Davidson, b: 1903 and died 1937. James re-married in 1939 to Margaret
Elinor Chambers and continued to have more children.

James' father, we discovered via a social security administration
application was Edwin Davis, and mother was unknown (on the application).

We are fairly certain that his mother was Bertha/Brenda Davis whose
mother was Adeline Lord.

In 1910, Grandpa (James William Davis) lived with his cousin, Leo Litts
(father: Alfred Litts); his uncle, Oscar VanValkenburg; and Charles
Davis (on the census as a hired man).

If anyone has information on Edwin Davis and his parents; siblings;
anything at all, please contact my Mom (Betty Tierney) at
or me at this e-mail address.

We were just there in Delaware county doing research and going around to
the cemeteries. My Mom placed an ad in the Walton Reporter in the
classified section to run in September. Some of you may have seen it.

Thank you.