NYDELAWA-L Archives

Archiver > NYDELAWA > 2008-05 > 1210303282

Subject: Re: [NYDELAWA] Mothers of Delaware
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 23:22:04 EDT

To Lee Mills -

You listed Jane (?) Mills, b. 1782, d. 28 Mar 1856 as one of your
ancestors. I believe Jane's maiden name was Jones, and that she was the daughter
of John Jones and sister of Robert Jones, b. 25 Jun 1790 in Wales, d. 28 Mar
1874 in Middletown, NY. I have copies of land transactions whereby Richard M.
Jones (son of Robert) bought land from his father and from Samuel and Jane
Mills. The deed says the parcels Richard bought were farm lots " ... of which
John Jones died seized." In other words, John Jones owned that land when he
died, and Robert Jones and Mr. and Mrs. Mills inherited it. Robert Jones
was my husband's gg-grandfather. Contact me off list if you would like info
about the Joneses.

Louise (Lou) Jones
Stillwater, Minnesota

favorites at AOL Food.