NYDELAWA-L Archives

Archiver > NYDELAWA > 2008-05 > 1210611676

From: "calamityjane" <>
Subject: [NYDELAWA] Peter Miller and Rose
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:01:16 -0400

Pat,
The reason I ask is because the Pepacton Removals lists Chloe Rose as the name of Peter's wife; and a number of years ago my sister found a reference to Chloe someplace in Colchester records.
I also find it interesting that she, whether Phebe or Chloe, is listed as a daughter of William of Tub Mill fame.
I've argued for years that that William is not William Rose/Roos (husband of Elisabeth Schoolcraft) and this seems to me to help confirm my idea that it was a different William in the early years of Colchester.
Actually I've found William Roos located in Kingston baptismal records during those years with associations to Marbletown area.
I have had a suspicion that my 3x great grandfather John Rose bc1770/71 is a son of William Rose and not William Roos. That would make him a brother of Phebe or Chloe- IF I'm correct.
thanks again for you reply, evelyn

This thread: