NYDELAWA-L ArchivesArchiver > NYDELAWA > 2009-11 > 1259636045
From: "Bill & Cathy McGrath" <>
Subject: [NYDELAWA] Off Topic - New York Sights
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:54:05 -0500
If anyone is interested, I have a sixteen page write up on selected New York City sights including a description of most of the 2009 Christmas window displays. List is updated every year and covers places I have been to in New York City.
The listing covers 55 areas of interest (museums, Christmas window displays, famous buildings, interesting restaurants, impressive hotel lobbies, etc.) and is arranged in descending order from 104th Street to 12th Street. If you aren't familiar with New York City street sequences, the order of the Avenues from the East River to the Hudson River is also listed to help you out.
The items on my list, with addresses and side street locations and some interesting historical facts and trivia are:
1. Museum of the City of New York.
2. Tree Lights On Park Avenue.
3. Metropolitan Museum of Art.
4. Rhinelander Mansion/Ralph Lauren Store.
5. The Frick Collection.
6. The Crystal District.
7. Barney's. - Christmas Windows.
8. Bloomingdale's. - Christmas Windows.
9. Plaza Hotel.
10. World's Largest Menorah.
11. Time Warner Center.
12. Van Cleff & Arpels.
13. FAO Schwarz.
14. Bergdorf Goodman. - Christmas Windows.
15. UNICEF Snowflake.
16. Tiffany & Co.
17. Louis Vuitton Malletier.
18. Trump Tower.
19. Henri Bendel. - Christmas Windows.
20. The House of Harry Winston.
21. The World Of Disney Store.
22. Takashimaya Dept. Store.
23. Carnegie Deli.
24. The House of Cartier.
25. Ellen's Stardust Diner.
26. New York Palace Hotel.
27. Rockefeller Center.
28. St. Patrick's Cathedral.
29. Radio City Music Hall.
30. Lionel Electric Trains.
31. Saks Fifth Avenue. - Christmas Windows.
32. The Waldorf=Astoria Hotel.
33. American Girl Place.
34. Hershey's Times Square.
35. Diamond and Jewelry District.
36. Tkts Booth.
37. Joe Allen Restaurant.
38. Toys "R" Us. Times Square.
39. Fred F. French Building.
40. New York Yacht Club.
41. The Westin New York At Times Square.
42. Hello Kitty Store.
43. Chrysler Building.
44. New York Public Library.
45. Grand Central Terminal.
46. 42nd Street Food Court.
47. Fetes de Noel Holiday Shops At Bryant Park.
48. The Pond At Bryant Park.
49. Kinokuniya Book Store.
50. Lord & Taylor Dept. Store. - Christmas Windows.
51. Great Buttons.
52. Morgan Library and Museum.
53. Macy's Herald Square. - Christmas Windows.
54. Empire State Building.
55. Forbes Magazine Galleries.
If interested in a copy, you can write me OFF LIST and I will send you the attachment.
Clifton Park, NY
|[NYDELAWA] Off Topic - New York Sights by "Bill & Cathy McGrath" <>|