NYDELAWA-L ArchivesArchiver > NYDELAWA > 2009-12 > 1259769083
Subject: [NYDELAWA] New York Sights
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 10:51:23 EST
Bill, I would like to get a copy of your list but am not computer tech
savvy and haven't used
Bebo yet so am hoping I can contact you this way, even though you requested
any one interested
to contact you OFF LIST. This was the only other way I could contact you,
so please forgive me.
If you are not too annoyed with me I would appreciate your sending it to my
email is: (mailto:)
Thank you, Carolyn Nichols :-)
In a message dated 11/30/2009 6:54:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
If anyone is interested, I have a sixteen page write up on selected New
York City sights including a description of most of the 2009 Christmas window
displays. List is updated every year and covers places I have been to in
New York City.
The listing covers 55 areas of interest (museums, Christmas window
displays, famous buildings, interesting restaurants, impressive hotel lobbies,
etc.) and is arranged in descending order from 104th Street to 12th Street. If
you aren't familiar with New York City street sequences, the order of the
Avenues from the East River to the Hudson River is also listed to help you
The items on my list, with addresses and side street locations and some
interesting historical facts and trivia are:
1. Museum of the City of New York.
2. Tree Lights On Park Avenue.
3. Metropolitan Museum of Art.
4. Rhinelander Mansion/Ralph Lauren Store.
5. The Frick Collection.
6. The Crystal District.
7. Barney's. - Christmas Windows.
8. Bloomingdale's. - Christmas Windows.
9. Plaza Hotel.
10. World's Largest Menorah.
11. Time Warner Center.
12. Van Cleff & Arpels.
13. FAO Schwarz.
14. Bergdorf Goodman. - Christmas Windows.
15. UNICEF Snowflake.
16. Tiffany & Co.
17. Louis Vuitton Malletier.
18. Trump Tower.
19. Henri Bendel. - Christmas Windows.
20. The House of Harry Winston.
21. The World Of Disney Store.
22. Takashimaya Dept. Store.
23. Carnegie Deli.
24. The House of Cartier.
25. Ellen's Stardust Diner.
26. New York Palace Hotel.
27. Rockefeller Center.
28. St. Patrick's Cathedral.
29. Radio City Music Hall.
30. Lionel Electric Trains.
31. Saks Fifth Avenue. - Christmas Windows.
32. The Waldorf=Astoria Hotel.
33. American Girl Place.
34. Hershey's Times Square.
35. Diamond and Jewelry District.
36. Tkts Booth.
37. Joe Allen Restaurant.
38. Toys "R" Us. Times Square.
39. Fred F. French Building.
40. New York Yacht Club.
41. The Westin New York At Times Square.
42. Hello Kitty Store.
43. Chrysler Building.
44. New York Public Library.
45. Grand Central Terminal.
46. 42nd Street Food Court.
47. Fetes de Noel Holiday Shops At Bryant Park.
48. The Pond At Bryant Park.
49. Kinokuniya Book Store.
50. Lord & Taylor Dept. Store. - Christmas Windows.
51. Great Buttons.
52. Morgan Library and Museum.
53. Macy's Herald Square. - Christmas Windows.
54. Empire State Building.
55. Forbes Magazine Galleries.
If interested in a copy, you can write me OFF LIST and I will send you the
Clifton Park, NY
To contact list administrator send email to
To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject
and the body of the message