NYDELAWA-L Archives

Archiver > NYDELAWA > 2011-07 > 1311090901

Subject: Re: [NYDELAWA] George Dugan, Civil War vet
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:55:01 -0400 (EDT)

Don't know if you can look at these papers,but they mention George Dugan.
The Oneonata Star,
June 30, 1953 Family reunion (pg 7) George and Nancy Dugan mentioned
March 14, 1960 (March Births) pg. 9
The Kingston Daily Freeman Jan.(?) can't read my writing! 30, 1939 an obit
for a Richard Whipple that mentions George Dugan Andrus Crabb and Abel
Barlow and the only remaining civil war vets of older age.
I have seen his death as Dec. 1941 and also 1942
Don't know if any of this will help.
I did see a small mention of his 102nd birthday and it mentioned that he
was left on the battlefield for two days because they thought he was dead
from a rifle ball to the head.
I have written down the oneonta star Jan 16, 1958 but I don't know why
other than there was a Mrs. Thomas Smith obit that mentioned George, maybe that
is what it was.
Hope some to this can help.
Rhonda

This thread: