NYERIE-L Archives

Archiver > NYERIE > 2003-04 > 1049691791

From: "... valentine53179" <>
Subject: [NYERIE] check ebay...frequently
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 00:45:50 -0500

there are those on the list that say -
"nope, won't go to ebay"

and if they do they figure they are just finding postcards of no interest or just don't find anything.

but tonight I ran across a bunch of photo postcards which on their own, based on their subject lines,
would have not been of interest to me either
UNTIL I read the description and found SURNAMES.

LOTS of them!

and then there are some that have addressees mentioned that might also be a link to you.

so give it a try..
enter in your ancestors hometown name
enter in your surname of interest

as in "escanaba michigan"
and see what is there..
read the description..
look at the picture.
print a copy..

CONSIDER ALSO
'bible" in the collectibles.
Often these too have names noted in the descriptions..
tighten the search the same as you do in google.com
though you might not purchase the item,
you might learn,
or get a feel for what it might have been like for your ancestor.

I caution you, if you click on titles and descriptions, and yo are entering in a query for a place, you will get all those folks that live in these towns that have items on ebay.
so I would not click on that option unless you have some time..
but that said, if you are looking for a NAME, then titles and descriptions would be appropriate..

WON'T YOU BE THE HAPPY ONE IF YOU WERE TO COME ACROSS SOMETHING FROM YOUR FAMILY!

This thread: