NYGENESE-L Archives

Archiver > NYGENESE > 2004-04 > 1081598143

From: "Linda/Don" <>
Subject: Re: [NYGENESE] Batavia history
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 07:55:43 -0400

hi Ed,
There are several references to the Tallman studio within the newspapers which I have transcribed-- I've enclosed *Below*a few examples, hope something here is useful for you, -- also you can
check the archives search site to see if there is any further info of interest/help to you.
http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=NY-OLD-NEWS
Linda Web-Page Editor: BETHANY ~ Its Past and Present ~
http://www.arkwebshost.com/family/bluebird/TownOfBethany.shtml
****The Daily News
Batavia, Genesee County, New York State
May 11-1891
MR. TALLMAN WITNESSED THE TRANSIT.
The transit of Mercury was very successfully observed by C.W. TALLMAN at
Batavia Saturday evening at 6:54, the predicted time. The planet made its
first appearance on the edge of the sun about 26degrees south of the sun's
upper edge or equator. A very large sun spot was well advanced on the sun's
disk, which the planet must have passed quite near during its transit.
+ +
The Daily News
Batavia, Genesee County, New York State
Friday Evening, February 2-1883
Fine Stereoscopic Views of winter scenery at Niagara, for sale at
Tallman's gallery.
+++
Progressive Batavian
Batavia, Genesee County, New York State
July 6-1894

Glacetype Photographs.
A new and beautiful picture by an entirely new process, whereby they can
be printed with much greater rapidity than any photographs heretofore made,
requiring less than one-fourth the usual time in printing, thus giving our
customers the benefit of fine pictures at a nominal price. With this new
paper are combined all the finer qualities, retaining the beautiful flesh
tint so much desire, avoiding the chalky whites so prevalent in nearly all
photographic papers. In order to introduce this class of work I will make
photographs for a few weeks for $1.50 to $2 per dozen.
C.W. Tallman,
Opp. Schafer's Commercial Bldg.
* *