NYGREENE-L Archives

Archiver > NYGREENE > 2009-06 > 1246317848

From: Dick Hillenbrand <>
Subject: Re: [NYGREENE] Where to write for Death Certificates in Greene Co.
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 19:24:08 -0400

If you want to narrow it down some, the Onondaga County Public Library in
Syracuse has a full set of the NYS Vital Records Index on microfiche and
they will volunteer to do look ups for you at no charge.

The index will name the date and place of death and will provide a
certificate number, however that number only relates to the filing system in
Albany. The local clerks would have their own methods of cataloging them.

At least the date should be a big help. the actual certificate might say
where the person is buried as well.

Here is my Blog post about the Syracuse library help.
http://ny-genes.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-york-state-vital-records-microfiche.html

Dick Hillenbrand
Upstate New York Genealogy
www.unyg.com