NYMONROE-L Archives

Archiver > NYMONROE > 2002-08 > 1028343154

Subject: [NYMONROE-L] Re: Asa Dayton married Sarah Bowman
Date: 2 Aug 2002 20:52:34 -0600

Surnames: Joslyn, Joslin, Morgan
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/SUB.2ACI/4170.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

I'm afraid I don't see a conflict here. My obseration:

Samuel Morgan married widow Sarah [nee Bowman] Dayton after Sarah's husband Asa Dayton was a casualty in the War of 1812. When she was widow, she had 5 children: William, Asa, Benjamin + 2 daughters, which Samuel perhaps adopted. Samuel & Sarah then had atleast one more child, Dayton S. [perhaps S. = Samuel] in 1819. Btw, there's no definitive statement [in "Landmarks.........(1895)" item], that Dayton S. was the child of Sarah, tho, it seems he most likely was.

If you see an error in my analysis, please post.

This thread: