NYMONROE-L Archives

Archiver > NYMONROE > 2005-01 > 1106782242

Subject: Re: Nurses training in Rochester ca. 1860 or earlier
Date: 26 Jan 2005 16:30:42 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/SUB.2ACI/6512.3.1

Message Board Post:

Thanks for the lookup. I actually have all the census data available for Sidney and Catherine, plus info on most of the kids (only one unaccounted for). You're right, Mary F Breese is Mary Newsom. She and Clara ended up in CA and married there. Clara died there. Mary was widowed and ended up back home with mom and b-i-l George. I have some CA info on them. George W. Banks is my great-grandfather. He married Catherine and Sidney's daughter Amelia, for whom there are very few records. C&S's son John worked for P.T. Barnum and died in a big train wreck in Iowa. We have a Civil War letter from him telling about his temporary capture by the Rebs in VA. Add that to Clara being injured in the Sts. Peter and Paul school collapse, and they seem to have been a very dramatic, if accident-prone, family. Thanks for the efforts on my behalf. -- Linda

This thread: