NYNASSAU-L Archives

Archiver > NYNASSAU > 2001-05 > 0988834634

From: "Vincent E. Summers" <>
Subject: [NYNASSAU] ROCKHALL Surname: MARTIN
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 16:17:18 -0400

There is a famous building (or so I gather) that had HEWLETTs in it,
and that at one time housed MARTINs, particularly Josiah MARTIN.

This surname is famous from the Island of Antigua in the 1600's and
1700's. But some went to England, and some to various parts of the
U.S., or what would become the U.S.

They were often Loyalists.

1. Does anyone have any information or connections on this name?
2. Does anyone have an image, or information, especially current,
concerning the existence of this Rock Hall?

Thanks,
Vince Summers
(Henrietta MARTIN was my g,g,g,g,g-grandmother)

This thread: