NYNEWYOR-L Archives

Archiver > NYNEWYOR > 2003-10 > 1066857615

From: Linda <>
Subject: Re: masons
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:20:15 -0500

here is his obit it doent state anythin about being a mason.

Dr galen W. Lovtt Shoots Himself
Dr Galen W. Lovatt M.D. , forty -five years old, at
tempted to commit suicide last evening at 167
West Twenty -first Street , where he had been
living sine Oct. 1. He had engaged board
there with his wife and his son eighteen years
old. Mrs. Lovatt and her son did not like the
place or the surroundings. The doctor, how-
ever, insisted on staying. Mrs. Lovatt and her
son moved away a few days ago.

When Mrs. Lovatt heard last night that
her husband had shot himself she went to the
house and bitterly denounced the landlady, a
Mrs. McDowell. Dr Lovatt was taken to the
New York Hospital. He had written a note
saying:, "I have lived long enough in misery-
God forgive me for thislast act. I alone was
the cause of my death, with the aid of a re-
volver." At the hospital the physicians said
that Dr. Lovatt would die.

From the New York Times

Actually the age at time of death was 67 years old an dthe address was
157 W 22nd Street from his death certificate and record of death # 37478.