NYONEIDA-L Archives

Archiver > NYONEIDA > 2012-05 > 1337804251

From: MARTY <>
Subject: [NYONEIDA] Blank NY Census forms
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 16:17:31 -0400

There have been quite a few recent postings on these lists, where
people are looking for blank forms for the NY State censuses.

I have not found a FREE source of blank forms, but Orange County
Genealogical Society in Goshen (which has on microfilm all available
NY state censuses 1825-1925 for Orange County and the surrounding
counties), also has a copy of

"New York State Censuses & Substitutes",
copyright 2005 by William Dollarhide,
ISBN 1933194-18-9
LOC 2004-11-29-21

published by
Heritage Creations
PO Box 830
Bountiful UT 84011-0830
www.heritagecreations.com

That URL seems to have disappeared, but if you Google
"New York State Censuses Substitutes William Dollarhide"
(in quotes) you will find several places where the book can be purchased.

It is an excellent reference book...very well done. It has all the
blank forms, and much, much more.

In my humble opinion, any library or society that has NY state censuses
on microfilm should have a copy of this book.

This book is copyrighted. Please do not ask OCGS to send you copies
of the blank forms.

If you want to use ours, come to Goshen. OCGS hours are at www.ocgsny.org.

I hope that helps. This really is a terrific reference book.

Note that neither I nor OCGS have any pecuniary interest in sales
of this book...I merely post its availability because people have
been looking for what it contains.

Marty Irons
Goshen NY
OCGS volunteer