NYQUEENS-L Archives

Archiver > NYQUEENS > 2003-09 > 1063569482

Subject: [QUEENS] St. Joseph's Hospital, Far Rockaway
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:58:02 EDT

Hi Don,

Yes, there was a St. Joseph's Hospital in Far Rockaway at one time. It was
then taken over by Long Island Jewish Hospital and finally by St. John's
Episcopal Hospital which is the name it bears today. The hospital is located on
Beach 19th Street, Far Rockaway (Queens County), NY. I believe that the order of
nun's who worked there was the Sisters os St. Joseph (possibly of Brentwood).
Hopes this helps.

Pat McHale
(O'Connor, Dunne, Capper, Clarke)

> Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:40:38 EDT
> Subject: [QUEENS] Far Rockaway
>
> New to List
>
> Was there evera St. Joseph's Hospital in Far Rockaway back in the 1940's??
>
> I have 2 family obits saying one of my cousins who was a nun, worked at that
>
> hospital. I was hoping to find which order of nuns she belonged to who
> would
> have
> been working at that hospital.
>
> Any ideas please?