NYSARATO-L Archives

Archiver > NYSARATO > 2009-10 > 1255018326

From: Claudia Garner <>
Subject: [NYSARATO] 1820 census help
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 12:12:06 -0400

Hello,

I am looking for information on a Jenkins family that, according to records I have found, were located in Saratoga county in the 18teens. I don't know the father's name, but the mother may have been Prudence, as she was living with one of the sons in a later census in Ogle or Carroll county, IL. I have the following children:

Russell C. Jenkins - birthdate and location not known.
William Stephenson Jenkins - born in 1814 in Saratoga county, NY, possibly Hadley
James Henry Jenkins - born Jan. 4, 1815 in Saratoga county, NY
Wellington Jenkins - born 1822 in NY (this is all I can find)
Chauncey Jenkins - born 1825 in Gennessee county, NY

The Jenkins brother that I could find the most informtion on is James Henry - listed in the Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois.

I was hoping to find someone with the 1810 or 1820 census who could see what Jenkins family was listed living in Saratoga or Gennessee county, but can't find anything. I belonged to ancestry.com for several years before letting my membership lapse before I discovered I needed this information. I am doing the research for my elderly cousin (age 89) who is the great granddaughter of William Stephenson Jenkins. I'd like to find the information for her before it's too late.

Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Claudia Garner
Wakeman, OH

This thread: