NYSCHOHA-L Archives

Archiver > NYSCHOHA > 2009-03 > 1237202831

Subject: Re: [NYSCHOHA] OTTMAN GENEALOGY TO BE PUBLISHED
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:27:11 -0000

Author: coollori65134
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.newyork.counties.schoharie/417.1.1.1.1.3.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Lorenzo enlisted in the Civil War under the spelling of Uttman. Later the second "t" was dropped. During the mid-1800's any time there was a death or separation of the parents, a court hearing was held. I believe the records are in the courthouse in Cooperstown, NY. Something had to have happened to have Eliza listed as head of household in the 1850's census. I have not had any time to drive 3 hours to Cooperstown to search. On another item, searching for Lorenzo in the 1850's census will yield nothing for this year. "Ditto" marks were used under Eliza's Utman. Search for Eliza and you will find Orlando and Lorenzo. As for the picture, I do not know where itwas taken but since he signed up for the military in 1864, my guess is that was the year. He mustered into his light artillary unit in Norwich NY.

Important Note: