NYSTLAWR-L Archives

Archiver > NYSTLAWR > 2005-02 > 1109588109

Subject: Silas Nott Malterner
Date: 28 Feb 2005 03:55:09 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/2RB.2ACE/8023.2

Message Board Post:

I did a google search for 'silas malterner' which gave me this link:
http://ftp.us-census.org/pub/usgenweb/census/ny/stlawrence/1920/ed112-pg276.txt

which shows Silas, wife, and 18 year old son living on Court St. in Canton in 1920.

The 1915 and 1925 NY state censuses are at the county courthouse in Canton (on Court St. of course), also wills, land records and more. You may want to make a trip to the courthouse or consider hiring a local researcher.

A previous note mentioned some online newspaper records. In addition to those there are many others that you can get on microfilm via interlibrary loan. Do a google search for 'ny state newspaper project' for more info on that.

Also, at the county site at usgenweb there are church, newspaper, census, cemetery and other records that may help. Start at www.usgenweb.org, click 'NY', then 'choose a county' and select St. Lawrence county.

Hope this helps -

Russ Sprague
Kensington, Maryland

This thread: