NYWESTCH-L Archives

Archiver > NYWESTCH > 2005-10 > 1128548267

From: "I See Water" <>
Subject: Re: [NYWestch] 1830 census online?
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 17:37:47 -0400

Judy Christopher,

Thank you for the offer. I'm trying to locate John B Merritt. He was born
in NY and is listed on the 1850 census with his wife and family. I'm trying
to locate him as a child to determine who his parents are. I do not have
any names for his parents.

John B was born around 1825 or 1827. The later census' show him with both
birth dates, I'm sure one is wrong but I don't know which one.

If I can find him in the 1830 census he would be a small child. In 1840 he
might be married or still at home. I'm pretty sure that he lived in
Westchester County.

His wife is Deborah A ? born about 1828.

I appreciate the offer of a lookup. This family is my brick wall.
Sharon