NewBrunswick-L Archives

Archiver > NewBrunswick > 2007-02 > 1171576486

From: "Heather Holdgate" <>
Subject: [ NB ] Whitney's from Miramichi, NB
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:54:46 -0500

Hi Mary Ellen:

To subscribe to RootsWeb New Brunswick, send a message to
and ask to be added to the List.

As for Whitney's, I have some on my family tree:

Neville Parker Whitney, b. 20 Apr 1866 at Whitney, NB; married Jane
Elizabeth Jones on 9 Jan 1889 at the Manse, Newcastle. Nevile died on 11
Feb 1953 in Whitney, NB.

Janes Elizabeth Jones was born on 11 Jan 1872 in Strathadam, NB and died on
4 Jun 1951 in whitney, NB. Jane is a daughter of William "Billy" Jones and
Mary Keating.

Neville and Jane Elizabeth had one child, a daughter, named Gertrude May
Whitney who was born on 12 Sep 1891 in Strathadam, NB and died on 8 May 1989
in Bangor, Maine. She married Jack William Davis Mann (b. 10 Apr 1890,
Newfoundland; d. 5 Oct 1975, Bangor, ME) on 26 Jun 1911 (not sure where they
married); they proceeded to have five children: Neville Whitney Davis Mann
(b. 7 Mar 1913, North Esk, NB, d. 28 Nov 2000 in Farmington ME); Genevieve
Mann; Florence Mann; Eleanor Mann; and Jack Mann - I have no details on the
last four children but apparently they all died before 2000. I also have
some information on their offpsring, as well.

>From what I provided, Jane Elizabeth Jones is part of the mix; as well, your
e-mail address has Jones in it so I take it that you are related to the
Jones (or are a Jones). If this is so, then I have a question for you; have
you researched John Jones and his wife Elizabeth and their first four
children (Mary, John, Richard and William) who were born in Cornwall,
England? If you have, would you get back to me privately, please. This has
been a major 'blockade' for me and if you have any bit of information, I
would appreciate if you would share it with me. I am a great-grand-daughter
of their 8th child, Frederick John Jones. My e-mail is
.

Heather

Whitby ON Canada

Your intensions are creating your reality.